Thank you to all our donors, you’re real life savers! And now we’ve made saving lives even easier with our new and improved app. It features everything you need to book your next blood donation appointment in New Zealand and much more.
- Book your next whole blood or plasma appointment (not available for platelet donors).
- Search for a place to donate.
- Look up your donation history.
- Book, reschedule or cancel an appointment.
(external link) (external link)
New in this app!
- Ability to add up to 5 favourite donation locations and get a notification when the blood drives are coming.
- You can now export your appointments as an ICS file to appear on your desktop computer.
- Notes section to record personal details like medication, travel, haemoglobin level, blood pressure etc. (Information recorded in notes is not shared with NZBS. If you delete the app these notes will not be saved).
- The app will now allow you to stay logged in so you don't have to log in each time.
- Search for a donation location via map view using geo-location, list view, or by using the search bar.
- See locations which have open appointments, as well as locations that are planned but not yet open to appointment bookings.
- Easier calendar-based date/time searches with ability to scroll through dates.
- See your personal blood donor information including blood type, donation history and when you’re next due to donate.
- Your donor ID is built into the app, so you no longer need to carry a physical donor ID card.
- Once you’ve booked an appointment, you can update your mobile phone calendar and share via social media to encourage friends to donate too.
- Get notifications for appointment reminders, urgent appeals for your blood type, when the blood drive is coming to the default donation location set in your profile and when your blood (available for whole blood donors only) is being used to help save a life.
Tell us what you think
We’ve listened to your feedback from our previous versions to refine this app, but we know it can always be better.
That’s why we want you to download it, use it and give us some more feedback.
In return, we’ll do our best to make it even better!
Download the app for free and give it a whirl, then get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top